A couple of recent sweeps resulted in red cards. This isn’t what we wanted to see, especially just before Christmas, but as professional and experienced sweeps, we have to ensure that the installation is safe before use. One of these red cards was issued due to soot falling down the back of the stove, which is a potential fire risk.
The red cards were given due to faulty installations. It is always worth using a Guild of Master Sweep and HETAS approved installer and sweep. Here’s why: https://www.guildofmasterchimneysweeps.co.uk/10-reasons-why-you-can-trust-a-guild-sweep/
Why risk it?
Photo shows example of a red card being issued.