Following the latest Government announcement, we can confirm that chimney sweeps are still able to operate as we provide an essential maintenance service.
We are operating to strict procedures and following the comprehensive guidance from The Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps to keep you (and us) safe.
Information to ensure a safe sweep visit:
- All appointments will be ‘zero contact’. We’ve always prided ourselves on our cleanliness, strict van and equipment management, and this will continue. We will also be wearing gloves and masks (PPE).
Unfortunately this means we can’t accept any offers of refreshments either!
- Please confirm that everyone in your household has been free of coronavirus symptoms for at least 14 days before the day of our visit (and we will do the same)
- Confirm that no one in your household is self-isolating
- Please ensure access to your appliance is clear, with any ornaments, pictures etc. on and around the hearth removed, leaving adequate space for us to work.
- Please also leave a window open within the room to ensure adequate ventilation (if possible)
- Payment should be made either by bank transfer or cash in an envelope. Sorry, no cheques accepted.
We will either post or email your sweep certification, whichever you prefer.
If you have any concerns about our sweep visit, please call us on 07933 472226 or drop us a line. Booking is essential – we’re now well into the fire season and a regular sweep is absolutely crucial to make sure your fire and chimney is working properly and safely to avoid chimney fires and other issues.
We also understand that cancellations may be necessary. All we ask is that you give us as much notice as possible (at least 24 hours), and we can reschedule.
We look forward to seeing you soon. Keep safe and stay well!